We welcome long and short-term volunteers to join us in Liberia and work in your gifted areas, whether it be extending compassion and friendship to youth and adults or teaching a skill that God has enabled you to develop. Please take time to look over the short term and long term opportunities and contact us if you would like more information.
If you or your group want to participate in a trip that will benefit both FSV and enrich your life please consider joining us for one of our short-term trips to Liberia. The focus for each trip will be determined by the needs of FSV and the interests and giftedness of the team. The trip will provide the opportunity for you to participate in a variety of activities that could involve teaching Bible classes, on-site and/or mobile medical clinics, sports activities, music, art and drama, small hands-on projects, assisting in larger projects (painting, repairing, etc.), teacher training, clerical, agricultural, etc.. In addition to these helpful activities you will have the opportunity to learn more about another culture, make special friendships, and better appreciate the many ways you have been blessed. Contact us for more information on how you can get involved.
Short-term Trips – The focus of each trip will depend on the needs of FSV and the interests and skills of participants. The average cost for a two-week trip is $3,200 but can vary some depending on airfare costs and projects you are involved in. We will be happy to discuss alternative pricing if you have airline miles to purchase your own tickets, etc. and if your trip will be shorter or longer than 2 weeks.
January 19th – February 2nd, 2019 – $3,600.00
June 17th – July 1st, 2019 – $3,200.00
(Includes, airfare & travel insurance, transportation, lodging & meals in-country, phone and occasional internet access, and materials for the activities you will be involved in). You will have the additional expense of passport, visa (http://www.liberianembassyus.org), Immunizations and anti-malarial.
- Yellow Fever Vaccine – required by the Liberian government
- Tetanus – required
- Typhoid – recommended
- Hepatitis A & B – recommended
- The CDC site (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/liberia) will also provide you with information on their additional suggested vaccines.
Additional short-term trip times may be considered for groups and individuals as requested and/or needed.
If you are interested in serving for an extended period of time, please review the volunteer opportunities below for Program Developers and Volunteer Staff/Program Support personnel. Please contact us if you would like more information on any of these opportunities.
Program Developers – We are looking for positive, team-minded people of good Christian character who are willing and able to help develop a program in the areas below. Each will involve working with a Liberian Counterpart and trainees. All positions will involve the development of the program structure, identifying needed materials and personnel, and assisting in the areas of procurement of those materials, personnel and the funding for the program. Applicants should have adequate training and/or experience in their area of interest and be committed to the success of the program. This is a volunteer position which means each Program Developer will need to raise their own funding for airfare and living expenses in country. This position will require at least a one-year commitment but two years or more is preferred.
- Agricultural Program Developer
- Animal Husbandry Developer
- Adult Literacy Program Developer
- Sports Programs Developer – FSV School and Community participation
- Vocational Training Developers in the following areas:
- Small Engine Repair
- Computer & related technology
- Hospitality, Bakery, Restaurant, Guest House
- Bookkeeping/Finance – Business and Life skill
- Secretarial/Office management
- Laboratory – Medical clinic technicians and High School labs
- Teacher Training
- Other Initiatives – Areas not listed above that you are trained & passionate about
Volunteer Staff/Program Support Opportunities – We are looking for positive, team-minded people of good Christian character who are willing and able to volunteer in the areas below. Each will involve working with a Liberian Counterpart and trainees. Applicants should have adequate training and/or experience in their area of interest and be committed to the success of the program. This is a volunteer position which means each Volunteer position personnel will need to raise their own funding for airfare and living expenses in country. This position will require at least a 6-month commitment but one to two years or more is preferred.
- Vocational Training School Administrator
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Medical Professionals – Doctors, Nurses, Therapists, Pharmacy tech, Lab tech
- Educational Professionals – Pre-K – 3rd at FSV All grades at area schools
- Secretarial/Office Manager
- Deaf School Teachers and Assistants